Friday, September 19, 2014

Baptisms, Pig head, & a Noche Mexicana!!

Hola!

This week I went to Tuxtla to fill out papers for my green card.  It was basically a 6 hour bus ride to Tuxtla, a 20 minute process to fill out papers, and then a 6 hour ride back.  It was awesome :)  I really enjoyed the trip and got A LOT of studying done!

Also this week our ward celebrated Mexico's Independence day (which is today) by having a Noche Mexicana fiesta.  It was so much fun!  The members took turns performing Mexican songs for us and everyone cheered and yelled [Viva Mexico] about every 30 seconds, it was the best! We also had some really great food.. I have no idea what it was, but it tasted good :)

Noche Mexicana Fiesta


I sure love living the Mexican life, the culture and customs are all so beautiful!  The food is also growing on me.  I am learning to enjoy the sensation of having my mouth feel like it's on fire all the time.  Ha ha well.. kind of, I re-learn to like it every time it happens ;)  My body however is still adjusting to the food here.  The good news is that I have basically just adjusted to not feeling good all the time.  I have kind of felt permanently sick since the day that I got here, but now it doesn't bother me anymore, it's just life.  Esta bien :)






                                                   


Speaking of the food.. yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity of eating pig head.  I am not exactly sure what the title pig head actually entails, if it is brains and eyes or what not, because I didn't want to ask.  Somethings are just better left unknown :)  But the good news is that I ate it all and have kept it down ever since!  

This week we also had transfers, me and my companion have been anxious all week to find out what would happen.  We got a call last night informing us that neither of us would be transferred and we were excited to hear it!  I love this area and didn't want to leave.  We are making so much progress with all our investigators that it just wasn't a good time.. I'm guessing that I'm never going to feel like it's a good time though because I love it here so much :)

Jennifer's Baptism

Being a missionary is so fun, if it was a career option I would take it in a heartbeat.  This week Jennifer was baptized.. YAY!!  I don't want to say [it was my first baptism] because it wasn't mine, it was the Lord's.  It was the first baptism of one of the my investigators I have been teaching, and it was incredible!  Jennifer is so awesome, she is 15 and the only member of the church in her family, she is a great example to them.  On the day of her baptism she really wanted her mom to be there to support her but her mother refused to come.  So me and Hermana Juliana got to take on the role of being her motherly support that she needed that day.  We went back with her to change and get ready and talked her through all her worries.  It was so awesome to be able to really be there for her when she needed us.  


Another investigator named Mary has a baptismal date for this Friday, and hopefully her son Fausto too.  So we are very excited about that!  It has been so awesome to watch them grow and change and to grow and change with them.  

This week has really strengthened my testimony of how important the Lord's work truly is and that with him nothing is impossible.  Most things in life are neither urgent or important, but sharing the gospel is both!  Life is what you choose to make of it and if you choose to live it the way the Lord would have you live it it is GREAT!  

I sure love you guys!  Have a great week :)

Hermana Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment