Thursday, September 18, 2014

4th of July at the MTC

Hello everyone!

 How is everyone doing?! Life here in the MTC couldn't be better!
 A lot has happened this week.. well a lot by missionary standards anyways ;) First off, it was the fourth of July this week, yay! I love that holiday.  It was a different experience celebrating it here in the MTC, but it was a great one!  We had class all day like normal but we had a special devotional at night to celebrate the holiday.  For the devotional we listened to some great talks about american heroes and then we got to watch 17 miracles.. such a good movie.  There were several elders who were crying.. that's how good it was.  After the devotional we went outside on the lawn and they gave us ice cream and let us watch the fireworks from the stadium of fire, don't worry I'll send pictures for ya :)  

Next item of business.. I became a Sister-Training-Leader this week.  So I am a STL for my district and also for my zone.   I literally walked into sacrament meeting on Sunday and my branch president came up and asked me if I would accept the calling right as sacrament meeting was starting and then announced it to everyone a few minutes later, so it was very short notice.  I love my calling!  I have been praying for a way to help the missionaries in my district and my zone and the gift of discernment to help them with their needs and I feel like this calling is an answer to my prayer! I'm still new at it but I think i'm starting to get the hang of things.

I am getting my visa tomorrow YAY.. Mexico here I come!  I have been a little worried over whether it would come or not in time for me to leave and it did, another answer to a prayer :)  so I will be heading to SLC tomorrow morning to pick that up.  It will be pretty weird for me to be in the "real world" again, but hopefully I can handle it.  

Next item of business (get ready to be jealous)... Elder Neil L. Anderson from the quorum of the 12 apostles spoke at our devotional last night.  It was.. amazing to say the least.  That man is amazing!  Seriously.. I know without a doubt in my mind that he was called of God.  He glows, the whole time he was speaking I was just in awe because he looked like an angel up there testifying of Christ.  His countenance radiates Christ's image.  I hope that one day I can have that same glow about me as he did, because it was UNREAL.  
Time flies here at the MTC, I cannot believe it has already been two weeks.  It seems like just yesterday you guys were dropping me off.  I already feel like I have grown so much just from these two weeks and know that this is the best decision I have made in my life thus far.    
I love you all and hope you are doing good!  You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Hermana Peine




            



No comments:

Post a Comment