Monday, March 2, 2015

Mission Conference with an Apostle

Wow, this week was great!  I don't know where it went, because it seems like it was only a few seconds long, but either way it was great :)

This morning we were informed of transfers  I am not going anywhere and neither is my companion. We were both quite surprised because she has been in this area for 7 1/2 mo now and with this upcoming transfer she will complete 9 months here (half of her mission in one area.)  But we are both very excited and ready to go to work this transfer.  We have several plans and several goals and are excited to put them into action.

My favorite part of this past week would have to be Saturday.  On Saturday I had the opportunity to hear an apostle speak.  Dallin H. Oaks came to speak to the mission.  The entire mission (which is about 250 or so missionaries) met together for it.

On Saturday morning we woke up at 3:30 a.m. to get everything ready and meet at the church.  We all loaded up in a combi and set off for the three hour ride to Tuxtla.  Once we arrived we piled in the chapel with all of the missionaries to wait for Elder Oaks to arrive.  As he walked in the doors we all stood up.  I could feel how the spirit changed the moment he walked in.  The spirit was so strong just to be in his presence.  We each had the opportunity to greet Elder Oaks and shake his hand.  After doing so we took our seats and the conference began.

It was such a great experience to be able to hear him speak.  As he began his talk he told us he did not have a talk prepared and he does not have a talk prepared that he gives every time he speaks to missionaries.  He told us that instead of using a talk that had been prepared beforehand  he sought to be led and guided by the spirit to speak to the specific needs of our particular mission and each one of us as missionaries.  He gave a great talk and the spirit testified of his power and authority as he spoke.

My testimony was strengthened of the power of specific prayer.  Before he came I had several questions I prayed specifically to receive answers to in his talk.  As he answered each one of them I gained a greater understanding of the importance of being in tune with the spirit and our Heavenly Father's sincere desire to help each one of us find answers to our prayers.

I know our Father in Heaven loves us so much more than we can imagine.  Though we may be separated from him physically he has blessed us with his spirit here on the earth.  The only reason we ever face our trials alone here on the earth is because we choose too.  His arms are always out stretched to us, but it is our choice to accept them or not.


I love you guys and I hope you have a great week.  Thanks for all of your love and support.  It really means the world to me.  Have a great week :)

Love, Hermana Peine

P.S. I forgot to tell you, I got my name changed this week :)  No I did not get married (for those of you wondering) but I did get a new name tag with different spelling so that the people here can pronounce it better.  Cool huh? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment