Monday, March 23, 2015

Training for the Iron Man





Hola,

I refuse to believe I will complete half of my mission this Wednesday.  The time goes by so fast,  I can't even believe it.  So I've been thinking about extending lately.  I've decided I'm going to talk my mission president into letting me serve for 2 years like the elders do.  I'm not exactly sure how he will take that, but I'll let you know how it goes :)

This week was awesome!  On Martes (which in English I guess would be Tuesday) Hermana Guerrero and I went to Tuxtla to get her green card renewed.  We thought we would be staying the night in the mission home but as we arrived we were informed that we would be staying with the sister sister training leaders.  As we arrived at their house I was happily surprised to see a familiar face.  Hermana Juliana, my first companion and trainer, was one of the sisters we stayed with.  It was so great to see her!  We spent the whole time laughing remembering all of the experiences we had together and talking about our first area, Cacahoatan.  It was a great time!

This week my companion and I also began training for the iron man, or so it feels like!  We unintentionally planned a day this week where we climbed up every hill imaginable in Comitan to visit all the people we are teaching that live the farthest away from each other.  The good news is I think my muscles have become numb to the pain and hiking will be a piece of cake when I get home:)

Yesterday we had our ward mission activity.  The members met together and divided into different groups to go visit less actives.  As missionaries we were each paired up with a couple of members and went on splits.  It was such a good activity!   We were able to teach the members how to contact, ask for references and be involved in missionary work.

I echo the words of David A. Bednar that "The church of Jesus Christ always has been and always will be a missionary church."  As we come together as members to work in the Lord's vineyard we are able to witness miracles!  I invite you all to go to work in the Lord's vineyard.  Don't let not having a missionary plaque let you think you can't be a missionary.  The field is white and ready to harvest.  There are people all around you waiting for the gospel, so don't be afraid to share it with them.  I know you will witness blessings come into your life as you do so.

I love you all, Have a great week!

Hermana Peine

                                          

I may have a bit of a tan line situation!

Doing Laundry

                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment