Monday, March 30, 2015

Clay in the Master's Hand

Hola!

This week was awesome!  On Tuesday we had inter-cambios. (I'm not sure what that would be in English) with the sister training leaders.  This time I got to go work in the sister training area leaders area called San Cristobal.  It is one of the most beautiful places here in Chiapas and is where all of the tourists usually go.  I got to see gringos (white people) for the first time in my mission...or so it seemed like.  It was very strange.  I also got to see several European's and talk with an Italian.  It was a neat experience.

In the inter-cambios I got to be companions with hermana Van.  She is American so we spoke in English!  It was weird to hear my voice in English again...I didn't even recognize myself.  I think my mind has converted to Spanish now and I will want to use it even when I am home from my mission. You should probably start studying now mom so we can communicate when I get home :)  I just love being a missionary, I really do, it is the best :)

This week has really opened my eyes and furthered my understanding on how perfect the Lord's work truly is and how imperfect we are as human beings.  The Lord is so patient with us and our weaknesses and imperfections.  As missionaries he has called imperfect people to share his perfect gospel with the world.  Though we may be imperfect we were each created by our Heavenly Father and he does not make mistakes.  We were each given weaknesses to humble us and teach us and as we learn in Ether 12:27 if we bring our weaknesses before the Lord they may become our strengths.

Something that we learn as missionaries is that we should not look at the investigators as they are now, but we should look at there potential as to what they can become.  Each and everyone of us has potential that is infinitive if we can just put our trust in Heavenly Father and do what he asks of us we will be able to reach it.  We are like clay that can be molded in the master's hand and become a beautiful master piece.





As missionaries we have the opportunity to see first-hand as investigators make changes in their lives and begin to be molded in the Lord's hands.  This Saturday we had the amazing opportunity to witness as one of the Lord's children entered into the waters of baptism and took a major step of working towards her potential.  This investigator's name is Larissa.  She has overcome many obstacles and made so much progression in her life. I am so proud of her!  Her potential is so great and I know the Lord has a plan for her just as he does for each one of us.

I love you guys.  Have a great week!   Love Hermana Peine




Taking care of my sick companion


No comments:

Post a Comment