Monday, February 23, 2015

Pyramids and Ruins







This week was so great!  The good new is that we currently have so many investigators, the bad news is that there is not enough time in the day to teach them all.  But it's a good thing, it keeps us busy :)


I am so convinced that missionary time moves at a different pace than normal life!  The weeks feel like days and months feel like weeks.  I have never felt so dis-oriented time-wise before.  If it weren't for my planner and calendar I would be completely lost as far as what day, month and year we are in. According to my calendar this Wednesday I will complete 8 months in the mission.  I honestly can't even wrap my mind around that and am in denial of it.  I refuse to believe it is true.



Anyways, this past week (which seemed like all of about 24 hours) was really great!  On Friday we had our semi-annual zone activity.  We went to a place called Tonina to explore pyramids and ruins. We woke up at 4:30 in the morning and met at the chapel.  We loaded up in a combi and set off for a 3 hour ride to Tonina.  Once we arrived we were informed that the other zone's bus had broken down so we would have to wait awhile while they called another bus to pick them up.  We ended up waiting for 5 hours for the other bus and the mission president to arrive.  While waiting we played games like Charades to pass the time.  It was a lot of fun.  Once everyone all arrived we were able to enter.  The pyramids and all the ruins were so beautiful.  There were mountains of tall pyramids we were able to walk up and on the top we could see all around over the city.

I learned a lot this week.  In my language study I spent time studying in the Liahona de January 2015. I came across something that I loved.  When reading a story about the gift of agency I came across the scripture in D&C 58:26-29 that says "For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is slothful... men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause and do many things of their own free will....for the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves... but he that doeth not anything until he is commanded... the same is damned."  I also read in D&C 9:8-9 where it says, "Study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore you shall feel that it is right.  But if it is not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought."  I really learned a lot from these scriptures.  Sometimes we are praying with the hope that our Heavenly Father will tell us exactly what to do and choose for us.  However, he has given us the wonderful gift of agency for a reason.  Along with our agency we also are blessed with the ability to pray to our Father in Heaven.  After we have studied something out in our minds and have used our free agency to make a decision we are able to present that decision before our Father in Heaven and ask him if it is right.

The Lord knows us.  He knows our hearts, our thoughts, and our deepest desires.  He will help us in every aspect and decision in our lives.  All we have to do is ask.

Hermana Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment