Monday, February 2, 2015

Tennis Shoes with Missionary Clothes

I learned so many great new things this week!  Things about this gospel, our Heavenly Father's love for us, and who I am as a person.

I had a great learning experience this week in the kitchen.  I came up with a new way to make waffles:)  One morning while I was looking through the refrigerator deciding what I would eat for breakfast the waffle maker on the table across from me caught my eye.  I was so excited when I saw it, I hadn't eaten waffles in 7 months and have been craving them for so long.  So I mixed up the batter and plugged in the waffle maker for it to heat up.  After it was hot I opened it up to pour the batter in.  I thought to myself, "Wow, this is the weirdest waffle maker I have ever seen! I guess they must do it different here in Mexico" I thought to myself.  I went ahead and poured the batter in and then came back several minutes later to check on it.  As I opened it up once again I thought, "Wow these look strange, I must have done something wrong." It was then that I noticed a box laying on the ground.  As I bent down to see what it was I saw the picture of the device I had with a big title above it that read "Sandwich Maker"  Oops:) No wonder they were big triangle shapes, they were meant to cook sandwiches! With my waffle craving still inside me I decided I would give it a chance and see how they turned out.  15 minutes later they were finally ready to eat.  They weren't actually too bad. I think I may have come up with a new thing.


This week I was diagnosed with a common missionary disease...ingrown toe nails.  I've had them for a long time now but they finally hurt bad enough I decided I would do something about it.  So, we went to the orthodontist to get them removed.  Yes, she is an orthodontist, but she is also the relief society president and said she could remove them for me.  After an hour and a half of yelling, crying and bleeding I felt much better and could walk semi-normal again.  But in order to keep them from getting an infection I had to wear tennis shoes around for the next few days.  It was quite the experience...

This week while we were walking to an appointment I had the impression that I needed to talk to a group of 3 people who were walking towards us.  So I did, I told them we were missionaries and invited them to church.  After talking to them I thought, "that's weird, I wonder why I had that impression."  It was then that we heard a voice yell, "Hey missionaries, come over here." As we walked towards the voice we saw a sister standing on the sidewalk.  She told us she had been receiving lessons from the missionaries a long time and wanted to continue with the lessons once again.  We made an appointment with her and returned the next day.  In the first lesson she accepted a baptismal date for February 21.  She is an awesome investigator and is so anxious to learn.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.  Though we may not always understand why, if we do as he says he blesses us with exactly what we need most.  I know he has several children here in Comitan prepared for us and as we are obedient and do what he asks of us he will lead us to them.

Love, Hermana Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment