Monday, May 4, 2015

Week of a Lifetime!




I think it's safe to say that this week was one of the best weeks of my life!  It was such a great week. Yesterday was amazing.  Remember that group of people I talked about last week who we received as a reference to go visit?  Yesterday we had the opportunity to visit them.  Yesterday after church we went on the adventure of a lifetime to visit the families.  We got in a combi which took us on about about a one and a half hour long ride on a curvy country road straight up into the mountains.  After getting ourselves lost for a little bit we eventually found where we were supposed to go and met with the president of the group to visit the people.  The group of people are a group of about 23 people made up of 6 families.  They meet together on Sundays to have a sacrament meeting.  The president of the group is a member who holds the meetings on a cement patio in front of his house.  There meetings are at 11:00 a.m. but they waited for us to arrive to start.  When we finally arrived at around 12:30 we greeted all of the people and then took our seats on the wooden benches that had been set out.  The president asked my companion and I if we could speak.  The spirit was so strong as I looked at each one of their faces and the exact words I needed came to me I could feel how much these people needed us and how the Lord had prepared them.  As the basket of bread and little cups of water were passed around for the Sacrament I could feel the power of the members desire to live the gospel with the little that they had.  As the meeting ended they brought out a little lunch they had prepared for us to thank us for coming and we ate it as we talked with them and got to know them. We handed out pamphlets of the Restoration and made an appointment with them on Saturday to teach them the first lesson.  They were so excited and so grateful for everything.  After the meeting was over we went back to the entrance of the little town called Soyalo to wait for the combi to take us back home.  The elders quorum president from our ward who accompanied us had us stand in front of the entrance to take our picture.  "This picture marks a part of history," he told us, "You two are the first missionaries to step foot in this area."

I am so grateful for the miracle our Heavenly Father gave us of being able to teach and get into contact with this little group of families in the little town up in the mountains.  Our Heavenly Father truly loves and prepares his children for the gospel as missionaries.  We are so blessed to be able to be lead and teach those he has prepared.

I love this work and I know it's true.  I will never regret the greatest decision I have ever made to be a part of it!

Love, Hermana Peine



No comments:

Post a Comment