Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Minor Surgery

What a great week it was.  Nothing went as we had planned this week, but the Lord's plans are always so much better than ours!

I had a little accident this week while we were in Tuxtla, I stubbed my in-grown toenail, which has been in-grown and infected for over 3 months now, very hard on a big rock.  We were with a big group of people at the time so I couldn't scream and jump up and down so I just stood still in silence while tears filled my eyes.  As I leaned over and told my companion what had happened she looked at me and said, "Oh no" and wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly because she knew how much pain I was in.  The group of people we were with also noticed what was going on and let me sit in their car and put my foot up and they gave me a paper towel to soak up all the blood coming out of my toe.  As the taxi dropped us off at the house we got out to walk inside.  As we were in a trio for the companion exchanges we were doing at the time with my companion and I along with a sister in our zone I had two people to help me hobble into the house.  My companion let me use her foot to step on top of in order for my bare foot not to touch the ground and hermana Lopez, the sister we were with put her arm around my waist and let me use her to lean on.  As soon as we walked through the door one of them ran to get me a chair to sit on and another to put my foot up while the other filled a bucket of water up to heat so I could soak my foot.  A bit later in the week I was able to be operated on.  As my companon is a certified doctor she was able to help the doctor who did the operation.  Another missionary who had recently had surgery and was recovering in the mission home let me squeeze her hands while they put shots in my feet and worked on them.

I have felt so much love and support this week from so many people.  I am grateful for the kind hands of all those who cared for me.  My mission president and his wife were also so good to us to care for us and let us stay in the mission home while I was recovering and took us out to eat.  I have felt so loved this week!

I am also able to start walking a little bit this week so we are very excited about that. Yay!  Missionary work is the best :)  I love you guys, have a great week!

Love Hermana Paini






No comments:

Post a Comment