Thursday, December 10, 2015

His Gift to US!



This week was awesome!  I learned and grew a lot this week.  We had our mission Christmas activity which was very beautiful.  We had a talent show in the morning that everyone participated in.  My district put on a skit demonstrating the day in the life of a missionary on Christmas day.  My part in the skit was the missionaries exercise routine in the morning.  We acted  out as if I was teaching them zumba and they attempted to follow me.  I did a lot of gymnastics and some stretches and they followed after me...it was hilarious!  Afterwords the elders in our zone did a dance that hermana Martinez and I choreographed.  Wow, I have not laughed so hard in a long time...it was so funny!  After the talent show we had our combined zone conference which was my favorite part of it all!  As the assistants counseled us on Christ-like attributes and what we can give to Christ this Christmas I felt the spirit so strong!  They also talked about the gift that our Savior has given us and passed around a wrapped box for us to open and look at and ponder at what it is that he has given us.  As we each opened up the box we found a mirror inside and saw our reflection looking back at us.  The gift that he gave us is our life.  They asked us to ponder on the following questions: How long did the Lord spend in making me?  As a creation made from the hands of a perfect being how much is my value?  What can I become in this life?  While I reflected on these questions I felt the spirit so strongly in knowing how much meaning being a child of God holds and how infinite and limitless my potential truly is. That I have the potential to become as the perfect being who created me.

This gospel is truly a message of so much happiness!  When one comes to the understanding of where they came from, what their purpose in this life is and where they can go after death a new light of hope enters into their life.  Similarly, the message of Christmas is a joyful one.  That a Savior was born 2015 years ago and he lived and he died.  But he lives again!  I invite each one of you to think of what you would like to give him this Christmas, it can be a changed heart or service to your fellow men, it doesn't matter what the gift is.  But when it comes from the heart as did the treasures from the wise man, it is the best that we have to give!  I love you guys and I hope you have the best week yet!  Give him your gift and see the joy that comes from it!

Love, Hermana Paini




No comments:

Post a Comment