Monday, November 16, 2015

Teaching with the Power of the Spirit

A picture from intercambios that we did with the hermanas this week

This week was great, I feel like I say that every week but it is always true! It was hard to say goodbye to Hermana Briscoe but comforting in the fact that I know I will see her again.  We plan to be roomates together in BYU and have several fun plans that I am looking forward to!

My new companion is Hermana Martinez.  She is 24 years old and has already graduated from college with her nursing degree.  She has 14 months in the mission and is awesome!  We are working great and so hard together!

This week the Lord has been teaching me more about the power of the Spirit in teaching the scripture in D&C 42:14 comes to my mind that "if ye receive not the spirit ye shall not teach."  It is very true!  We can talk for hours on end using our personal knowledge along with the scriptures but if we do not have the spirit we are not teaching.  It is by the spirit only that our words enter in the hearts and minds of those with whom we are speaking and the spirit which testifies of the truthfullness of our words.

Love, Hermana Paini


No comments:

Post a Comment