Monday, June 22, 2015

Baptisms and blessings

Well, in 3 days I will officially complete half of my mission.  I will be completing 1 year, which since I've decided to serve the mission of an elder, 2 years, makes it my halfway mark:)  Wow does time fly by fast!

This week my companion and I had the beautiful opportunity of seeing an investigator we have been teaching be baptized.  He is an 8 year old boy from the group in the mountains named Andrick. Though he is the first member of his family to be baptized we know he will make such a great example for his family.  His parents, one of which is hermana Flor who I talked about in last weeks letter and his younger brothers will soon be able to follow his example and be baptized as well.

The baptismal service was amazing and the spirit was felt so strong.  The mission president and his wife both came.  The elders in the other ward that meet in our same chapel also had a baptism so we did a combined baptismal service and did them together.  President and his wife performed a special musical number along with us and the elders.  After the baptismal service was over we asked Andrick how he felt and with a big smile on his face he told us, "I feel happy."

Being able to see such miracles in the mission field makes every pain, every trial and every heartache worth it.  One of the greatest blessings of being a missionary is being able to completely forget about yourself and focus on others.  Things like hunger, thirst and sleep are no longer such a priority.  What matters most is being the instrument in the Lord's hands that his children that surround us need.

I love this gospel so much and am so grateful for it.  It has been such a blessing to be able to see the blessings it brings as it comes into the lives of others and is something that I hope never ends.

I sure love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love, Hermana Peine

The well where they get  water from at hermana Flor`s house



No comments:

Post a Comment