Monday, January 12, 2015

Baptisms

What a week!  We have been teaching an investigator who is learning English and wants me to teach in English as much as possible.  I never thought I would feel so uncomfortable and have such difficulty trying to talk in English, but holy cow is it hard!  Though English may be my primary language, my primary missionary language is espanol.  I have learned all the lessons in espanol from the very start and holy cow is it difficult to suddenly switch to English.  The best example I can think of is when a right hand dominate person breaks their arm and suddenly has to use their left hand to do everything.  Everything is suddenly upside down and backwards, it's awesome=)

This Saturday was so great, we got to see 3 baptisms in the ward.  2 investigators from our area were baptized and are from the area of the other hermanas.  Yoni and Gonzalo were both baptized.  We are so proud of both of them, it has been such a beautiful opportunity to watch them grow and progress in the gospel.  Yoni comes from a family of 12.  His older brother Carlos was baptized a little over 2 years ago and he is now finishing his papers to go on a mission.  Yoni's little brother Victor was also recently baptized about a month ago making them 3 the only members in their family...so far.  We have lots of big plans for their family=)  Gonzalo, the other investigator who was recently baptized comes from a less active family who is beginning to re-activate themselves in the church once again. His older sister Ana was recently baptized and is a great example to him.  Together they are a great motivation to their family to become active.

This week I have been studying a lot in the general conference talks from this past general conference.  They are so great!  Every time I read them I have a renewed testimony of the power and authority the prophet and his apostles truly have on the earth.  "What I the Lord have spoken...whether by my own voice or by the voice of my servants it is the same."  D&C 1:38.  God may not come down and speak to us face to face, he speaks to us through the voice of his prophets and through the scriptures.  As President Dieter F. Uchtdorf states in his talk, "Receiving a testimony of light and truth; "The answers to your prayers will come in His own way and in His own time, and therefore, you need to learn to listen to his voice."  Aren't conference talks the best!

Well I hope you all have a great week.  I invite you all to read the talks from this past general conference.  They are powerful and through them God can speak to you personally.

I love you guys.

Love, Hermana Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment